The free for all, open source, ad-free chess server :) https://lichess.org
PLEASE READ THIS:
Be careful with special strings you may see while translating, such as %1$s, etc. These special strings (variables) need to be copied from the source string to the translated one exactly, or you will break the display of the text.
- Your %1$s rating (%2$s) is too high
- Would become something like "Your Blitz rating (2050) is too high" on the website/app
All variables MUST be in the string. They can be in whichever order that makes the most sense in your language, but they must all be there.
Notes on the system and translation process:
1. If a translation is "approved", it just means the translation is "locked", and only proofreaders will be allowed to change it. We use this when we are certain this is the best translation for the English text. Approval is NOT required for a translation to be put in. In general, we prefer the voting system to approved translations, so we rarely grant proofreader access. All translations go on the website anyway so your translation is still going into lichess either way.
2. Updates happen frequently but it can sometimes take upwards of a week for your updated translations to appear on the main website. The mobile app is updated less frequently. However, you can be assured that your translation work is taken into account with every update so we ask you to be patient in these instances.
3. If you are translating to a language not currently on the website, please contact the lichess account here or send us an email at contact [at] lichess.org. In your email, please also mention the language you translated to and your name on Crowdin. We recommend translating high-priority items first (website, mobile app & emails) to about 35%, then sending us a message so we can include your language on the site. You can keep working on the translation while it is being put on the website.
We hope all translations will reach 100% completion one day, but we're happy to have them on our site and app before this milestone.