Localization and AI: Crowdin Integrates with an AI Chatbot

4 mins read

Introducing the AI chatbot App for Crowdin

Today we are happy to announce the invitation to the beta version of our new app – an AI chatbot built on OpenAI’s ChatGPT API.

Large language models are the hottest topic around our newsfeeds these days. While companies are still figuring out how to use them most efficiently, it is clear that this technology will change the way people and companies work in the near future.

Crowdin has been experimenting with AI and ML for years to offer the most advanced technologies and make sure we enable our users to be most productive while doing global business.

AI chatbot built on OpenAI’s ChatGPT API we’re showing today is just one of the first successful experiments we’re excited to share. This is an private beta, and you’re welcome to join.

The first version of the application integrates with the Translation Editor and serves as a co-pilot for translators.

It’s important to note that this chatbot in Crowdin is context-aware. AI will know exactly what segment the translator is working on. What are the related glossaries, TM matches, maximum acceptable length of the translation, and more.


Get early access to the AI chatbot app for Crowdin

Here are just a few of the tasks that AI co-pilot for translators has proven to be extremely useful for:

  • Correcting TM suggestions. Now, if you get a 60% match, the machine can do the remaining 40% for you, while trying to be consistent with your terminology and previous translations.
  • Serving translators with the most advanced dictionary ever.
  • Of course, it can suggest translations just like any other MT. At the same time, you can edit your requests to make suggestions more useful.
  • Get term definitions, translation variants, synonyms, and so on.
  • What use case do you want to see here? Feel free to come up with your own requests, so the AI co-pilot can help you.

All this can be done hands-free as well. Apps built on OpenAI’s ChatGPT API come with voice-to-text technology.

Much more to come. For example, when it comes to translating knowledge base articles, would it be great to get a short summary of the article without having to read the whole article before translating it?

We are now experimenting with how AI can also help project managers at Crowdin. How good would AI be at extracting terminology and maintaining your project glossary? Would AI be able to compare the message and tone of voice for both source and translated documents? Can AI check for vandalism in crowdsourcing projects? Can AI be used for transcreation tasks?

There are lots more questions we are very curious about.


How will you use the built-in AI? Fill in the form to join the community of early adopters and test the private beta of an AI co-pilot app for Crowdin built on OpenAI’s ChatGPT API.

Get early access to the AI co-pilot app for Crowdin

Diana Voroniak

Previous Post
What’s New at Crowdin: February 2023
Next Post
A Guide to Angular i18n and Localization